Robinson Bradshaw advises numerous companies, investors, entrepreneurs, and researchers with an interest in genomics and personalized medicine. We guide our clients through all stages of the research, fundraising, development and commercialization process, including corporate and securities matters, joint ventures and strategic alliances and intellectual property and regulatory matters. Our attorneys also advise clients on the legal implications of important legislative, regulatory, case law and policy developments in the fields of genomics and personalized medicine.
Our experience includes:
- Representation of publicly traded and privately held companies in licensing and M&A transactions related to personalized medicine products and technologies
- Assistance in the formation and representation of a venture capital fund targeting early-stage biomedical technologies
- Representation of venture capital funds and their portfolio companies in developing and commercializing a variety of personalized medicine products and technologies
- Representation of PersonalGenomes.org in support of Harvard Medical School’s landmark Personal Genome Project, http://www.personalgenomes.org, including assistance with informed consent and human subjects research regulatory compliance, review and negotiation of intellectual property licenses and material transfer agreements and analysis of legal and regulatory issues unique to genomics research
- Advising a range of genomics and biotechnology researchers, entrepreneurs, companies and investors on legal compliance and commercialization strategies