Our firm's intellectual property and technology practice builds upon our broad experience and knowledge in commercial matters. While we are experienced in intellectual property law and understand technology, we continue to believe that the essential first step in representing a client is understanding the client's business and its commercial objectives. This approach has allowed us to bring a pragmatic and client-centered approach to advising clients, and to the structuring, drafting and negotiation of a wide range of agreements.
Our primary areas of emphasis are:
- Helping clients develop and enforce a comprehensive strategy for protecting intellectual property, including the protection of ideas and inventions under patent and trade secret law and the protection of written and electronic documents under copyright law
- Advising clients on employment-related issues, including the enforcement of confidentiality and noncompetition agreements and resolving issues about the ownership of developments
- Structuring, drafting and negotiation of E-business, software and biotechnology agreements
- Handling technology-related acquisitions and sales
- Advising clients on issues related to trademark law, including the protection and licensing of trademarks, the enforcement of rights against infringers, and defending claims for alleged infringement
- Providing a broad range of legal services related to financing technology companies, including both the representation of entrepreneurs in obtaining funding and the representation of investors in technology ventures, including venture capital and private equity funds, portfolio companies, institutions and individuals.