Our firm assists its clients on a wide variety of patent matters that range from devising an intellectual property protection strategy to licensing patent portfolios. As in other areas of practice, the key to our approach is our understanding that patents are first and foremost business assets. When dealing with any kind of patent issue, our advice and our actions are always focused on achieving the best practical business outcome for our client. Although our clients continue to be involved with a broad spectrum of technologies, much of our recent work has involved biotechnology, pharmaceutical, communications and software applications.
Some of our most significant recent patent matters include:
- Helping clients assess their intellectual property assets and decide whether patent protection is a practical option for their businesses
- Evaluating the legal and economic significance of competitors' patents
- Structuring, negotiating, and drafting patent transfers and licenses
- Reviewing patent portfolios involved in mergers and acquisitions
- Dealing with the multiple issues raised by employee inventions, including the evaluation of the respective patent rights of employers and employees, the drafting of necessary agreements, the design and implementation of employee invention policies, and the resolution of disputes